Monday, July 7, 2014



Written in all the little lost histories of our parents
Are the heavy sighs that would relieve the current knots
The wet pages of poetry I write in my sleep
Balled thick, stuck secure in my chest
I have told you volumes in my veins about my loneliness
It slows my blood and fills my head with dust
I have screamed silent stories about my unending love
Un-directional flowing out
Pouring, like whiskey, like water, over rocks
Wearing them down, wasting me for days
Laying me out like a river
I know I’m not new
The age of my bones settles more in sunshine
I am illuminated by what I have lost, what I can’t
Remember, it is only poetry now
I’ve lost all the stories. All that’s left is the spot on
The shelf where they stood
A gap that only reflects the feeling
Something was there and now is gone  

No comments:

Post a Comment