Tuesday, July 8, 2014



I am covered in lists
Dragons, allergic to dairy, archery, photographs of misty days
Information I started collecting for the life
We will never have
Sometime with men I see on the highway
Dunkin Donuts, Kayaking, trips to Montana
In the moments we are driving
Side by side
Swinging, married like children
We have a whole life
Weightless and midair
How many lives have you lead of which you are
Unaware, you’ve played a part
Murdered or married in someone else mind
But I am always left lamenting these lists
I started the writing process of loving you
It was outlined
I picked out books you would like and I remember
How you like your hand held and your head scratched
Accidentally I make two cups of coffee
I’d bring it to you if I knew you at all
But you jumped off, drove away
Crossed out and erased me easily
I wasn’t written down anywhere on you
I was a receipt for something you drank quickly
Why do they give you receipts for coffee anyway?
Just crumple me up and throw me away

No comments:

Post a Comment