Monday, August 25, 2014



And again I run to the same cliff
I find it in every heart and move swiftly
Towards the fall
It is the woods I know
Loneliness, all trees and low ferns
I am comfortable in the underbrush
It is always the cliffs and the kitchen knives
That pull me out
There is beauty and functionality
But I always rush towards
The edge
And I hate that they say love is like falling
Because really love is like climbing
I don’t know where to put my hands
As I rise out of the canopy of loneliness
Overcoming a fear of heights
For the beauty of the view
But I arrive often from the woods
To a cliff
After no climb
And the bird that lives in my rib cage
Tells me we can still fly
There is no falling or flying in love
Only foot holds and acceptance
Of the face of this earth as it is
The rise and fall of my heart as it is

No comments:

Post a Comment