Wednesday, July 31, 2013



I think of language like light
It is that basic necessity for life
It illuminates the dark nights
With heated conversations
It changes with the time of day
With the warmth of memory
And I will show you who I am
This way
Through the little magnifying glasses
I write down
They burn me below, at an angle
That fire is power
And that light is perfect

But when language fails
And your flash light falters
You notice how hollow
Blank pages and dark caves can be
But that darkness--like the night sky
With its far away suns--
Tells you where you are
At sea, celestial navigation
Only possible in darkness
My words fail but doesn’t that mean
I am sailing on the sea of the things I can’t say
And that the stars of words far away
Will guide me to the meaning that I am missing

Bathe me in the light of lovely language
But let me sleep at night
Quite and dark

No comments:

Post a Comment